Recoverability and Availability are often confused. Applications often faces longer downtime because of human errors and any level of redundancy will not be enough in such cases. In this training we will help you understand different choices of backup, recovery and planning for backup.
Topics to be covered:
– Why take backups?
– Business SLA – RPO, RTO, Frequency and Retention
– Backup Types
– pg_dump and pg_dumpall
– Restoring dumps – pg_restore
– Partial restore with pg_restore
– Offline backup
– Recovery using offline backup
– Continuous Archving
– Online Backup with low level API
– Recover using online backup
– pg_basebackup and pg_receivexlog demo